Daniel Turner was born in 1983 in Portsmouth, Virginia. He received a BFA from the San Francisco Art Institute in 2006 and currently lives and works in New York NY.
Turner's work has been the subject of international exhibitions including; 'Daniel Turner' at the Chinati Foundation, Marfa TX; 'Les Abeilles de l'Invisible', Musée des Arts Contemporains, Hornu Belgium; 'Die Kräfte Hinter Den Formen', Galerie im Taxispalais, Innsbruck Austria; 'Eclat Attraction de la Ruine', Université', Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris, France; '(IPN)', Le Confort Moderne, Poitiers France; 'L'expostion D'un Film', Centre d’Art Contemporain / Foundation Arditi, Geneva Switzerland; 'Die Kräfte Hinter Den Formen', Kunstmuseum Krefeld, Museen Haus Esters und Haus Lange, Krefeld Germany; 'you, your sun and shadow' at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA; 'Future Generation Exhibition', Pinchuk Art Centre; Kiev Ukraine; 'nanomacromega', University California San Diego, La Jolla, CA; 'Its all American', New Jersey Museum of Contemporary Art, Asbury Park, NJ; 'Four Rooms' at Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle, Warsaw, Poland; 'Expanded Painting', The Prague Biennale 5, Prague, Czech Republic; 'Art Unlimited', Basel, Switzerland and 'Modern Talking' at Muzeul de Arta Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania. He was awarded The Pollock-Krasner Foundation award in 2018-2019 and The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Fellowship Award from 2004-2009.
Works by Daniel Turner
- Particle Processed CafeteriaDaniel TurnerEditions
- Waiting RoomDaniel TurnerEditions
- Conduction BlockDaniel TurnerEditions
- WHSC 4102 BurnishDaniel TurnerEditions
- Daniel Turner at Mast BooksDaniel Turner2018Presentations
- Three Movements (Bronze)Daniel Turner2018Archive
- 5150Daniel Turner2017Publications
- 110/120Daniel Turner2016Editions
- MarjorieDaniel Turner2015Archive
- 2 220Daniel Turner2014Archive
- Daniel TurnerDaniel Turner2013Archive
- Inside the White CubeDaniel Turner2012Archive
- Mercury ReleaseDaniel Turner2010Editions